Wednesday, September 20, 2023

IELTS UKVI General - Letter Writing Model Answer (Band score 9)



Question (IELTS General (UKVI/Regular)

You missed an international flight due to a problem at the airport. Write a letter to the airline. In your letter:

Describe what happened that caused you to miss your flight
Explain how missing your flight impacted you
Clearly state what you would like the airline to do
Write at least 150 words. You do NOT need to write any addresses.

Begin your letter as follows:

Dear Sir or Madam, (Past Question)


Answer:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to address a situation concerning an international flight that I was unable to catch, owing to circumstances beyond my control.

Over the past two weeks, I have been engaged in business travel and have been a speaker at international conferences. Unfortunately, yesterday afternoon, I encountered a substantial delay of over three hours upon my arrival at Tokyo Airport. This delay was a result of technical difficulties experienced by one of your company's aircraft. Consequently, I missed my connecting flight from Tokyo to Madrid, which, regrettably, led to my inability to participate in the conference.

The ramifications of this delay are considerable. My company had to make alternative arrangements and send another executive to represent us at the conference in Madrid, incurring both inconvenience and substantial additional expenses. Furthermore, I personally had to cover the expenses for my accommodations in Madrid out of my own pocket.

Given that the delay was attributed to issues with your aircraft, I kindly request that you consider compensating me for the costs associated with my accommodations in Madrid and the additional flight I had to book to return to Toronto, Canada.

I anticipate your prompt response.

Yours faithfully,
S.Kumaran

---------------------------

Things to note :

Lexical Resources :

Owing to circumstances beyond …/ substantial delay../ Consequently, I missed my connecting flight../ The ramifications of this / Given that the delay was attributed to…./ substantial additional expenses../

Grammatical Accuracy & Range

I have been engaged in/ Given that the delay was attributed to../ consider compensating me../

Note: This could be awarded a band Score of 9.0




KU Education, Jaffna
Web: http://edu.kugroup.info/ielts.html 
Call: 0777302882
YouTube/Facebook: kujaffna 

Keys : IELTS UKVI General quick preparation | IELTS UKVI classes in Jaffna. | IELTS fast track personal classes in Jaffna. | UKVI General Letter Writing Sample 

No comments:

Post a Comment